Baseball and a Proper Weekend

Both boys are healthy and back to themselves. We missed an entire week of camp, and C and I hobbled along day by day to fill in the childcare gaps. I cancelled a bbq with friends just in case the boys weren't fully healthy, but they were good to go by Saturday.  We went to a baseball game Saturday evening and had fried chicken, popcorn, ice cream, pretzels, and hot dogs.

The rest of the weekend was spent lounging around, riding bikes, and going out for meals.  I'm glad we got it all in because...C is now down for the count.  He must have picked up the virus BB and DD had because I came home just now to find him passed out from a fever.  Usually what I would now is to start thinking about time in big chunks - get through the next 3 weeks, when all of C's travel will be done, and work will slow down for me a bit.  But these days, I'm actually trying to steer clear of that kind of thinking.  It's my coping mechanism to get through busy times, but I find that it also causes me to lose the beauty (and the stress) of the day to day.  So I'm fighting my inclination to do it this time and just see how each day, each hour, unfolds for us.

Comments

Popular Posts