Pre-Holiday Cheer

We've been celebrating over here and I haven't had time to update.  I've been under the weather and C's mother was staying for an extended time but things have finally returned to normal around here.  Last week before Christmas, we met some friends at the horse stable at Rock Creek to ride Santa's "reindeer."  The day wasn't exactly as we all had envisioned - temperatures were in the 60s!  But the kids had fun riding through the woods on Rudolph and Dancer.  Then a visit with Santa afterwards and a trip to the bookstore for some pre-Christmas gifts.  Afterwards, we headed down to the Mall for lunch and frolicking in the balmy sunshine.  What a day it was.

I love looking back at the photos of this day.  It was before the mad rush of Christmas, and before my cold took a turn for the worst.  Now I'm just counting the moments before this holiday season is behind us and it's time to return to our daily routines.

Comments

Popular Posts