Christmas 2013

This year's Christmas was smaller than previous years.  Somehow we just never got around to doing all of the activities and projects that we usually do.  But it was lovely nonetheless.  In a last minute burst of online shopping, C and I managed to fill the boys' new Christmas sacks with a formidable haul of goodies.  They also shared a couple of big ticket items.  And on Christmas Eve, I gave them new pajamas and slippers to wear.

I hate to think this, let alone write it, but I'm starting to worry that the end is near for Santa.  I just don't know how much longer the boys will believe in Elfy Sam and Santa Claus.  It makes me happy to think that my boys are growing and maturing, but of course it's bittersweet.  The best Christmases are those of childhood when you try to stay awake in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Santa sneaking into the house.  I want BB (and DD) to have as many of those types of Christmases he can before Santa is outed.

Comments

Popular Posts