Refresh

I didn't mean to be absent from this blog for most of last week.  Lots was going on.  We celebrated C's birthday with a family party and a date night on Saturday.  We've been busy making and putting up our Halloween decorations.  The boys didn't have school Thursday and Friday.  But all of this was happening while I was having one of the worst weeks I've had at work in a long time.  It made me lost my motivation, my desire, to take photos and enjoy the everyday.  I used the weekend to recharge and reset my outlook.  If you know me, then you know this happens to me often - where I allow work to overtake me.  I'm in the trenches right now fighting it again.

Last night, we put the boys to bed early.  DD had trouble sleeping the night before and was exhausted, but BB wasn't.  I didn't like the idea of having him lying there for no reason so I let him come downstairs and spend some quiet time together.  He drew and read while I refreshed his art area.  We opened up boxes of new markers, thick, medium, and thin.  We cracked open a new box of crayons and laid out some new oil pastels as well.  I opened up a large box of colored pencils, his medium of choice, and set those out too. I also put a new set of colored pencils in his backpack to supplement the ones he has at school.  It's fun to refresh the boys' art space every once in a while.  After he went to bed, I sharpened another set of colored pencils that he keeps at on his desk upstairs.

Comments

Popular Posts