River Farm

Last summer the boys and I went to River Farm on a hot and humid day.  We went past the children's garden and headed straight for the trails.  I noticed that there was a steep incline down to the Potomac that I knew the boys would enjoy, but I was too afraid to take them down myself and not be able to bring them back up. 

All four of us returned on Saturday to check it out.  We meandered through the children's garden.  What great fun it was!  Then we headed back to the water's edge.  This time I was confident since C was with us.  When we reached the incline, I couldn't help but be a bit embarassed.  It's steep but nothing the boys couldn't handle on their own.  I felt foolish at first showing it to C, but then I realized that 9 months ago when we visited, the boys - especially DD - was much younger.  I wonder at what point they will be doing things that I won't be able to do!  Sadly, my camera battery died on me right before we got down to the water so you'll have to use your imagination.

Comments

Popular Posts