NYE, Part 2

For several years now, we make the drive to the exburbs for a special New Year's Eve party.  The hosts are the parents of my oldest friend and also friends of my parents.  In fact, many of the party goers are aunties and uncles that I grew up knowing, people that spent much time at our house. 

Since BB was born, we brought him to this annual NYE party for all the aunties and uncles to see and he has always reveled in their collective adulation.  When DD was born, we brought him as well and he enjoyed the party as much as his brother.  Last year we decided not to go - the logistics of a late night party made even more difficult because of the distance was too difficult.  But at 5:30 on NYE, BB asked me what we were planning for New Year's.  He said I hadn't put up any decorations and DD complained that we hadn't baked anything for the occasion.  That's when I knew we had to pick up the tradition again and go this year. 

As you can guess, the boys had a great time talking to all the grownups, exploring the house, stoking the fire.  I guess we do have a tradition for NYE after all.  I've got some ideas for celebrating next NYE.  Yes, I'm already thinking about next year.  Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts