A Blast of Cold

There really hasn't been much to complain about this Winter, but I'll go ahead and complain anyway.  It's been too mild.  My boys want snow and so do I.  I'm dreaming of our neighborhood covered in white, school and office closed, and the four of us throwing snowballs outside and then hibernating in the house with big bowls of soup.  Snowmageddon, Snowpocolypse - come and get us!

The long weekend was chilly but dry.  We had a lot of house plans for the weekend, which I will share later (or you may be reading a preview on Apartment Therapy today), but we had fun as well.  On Monday we went to Great Falls, VA for a brisk January walk, a tradition in our family.  The boys were a bit sluggish mid-morning but the sunshine and cold air energized all of us.


Our outing was not pre-planned and I didn't have my camera so I relied on the iPhone for these shots.

Comments

Popular Posts