Mad About It

Some of you have asked me about what C and I do week nights after the kids are in bed.  Here it is (lately).  Do you watch?  My interest in Mad Men initially had everything to do with the time period - late 50s to early 60s.  A tish after I love Lucy but before Brady Bunch.  You know this is one of my favorite times in U.S. history, much because of the style and design during this period.
Of course the treatment of women in the office is appalling.  Expect to be groped over a dozen times on a daily basis.  Suburban wives wear beautiful dresses and hairdos but are treated no better.  But all that aside, you can't help but fall in love with the clothing and the furniture.  The writing is really strong as is most of the acting.  It goes on my Must See list.  If you've got a birthday coming up, put the DVD collection on your wishlist.

We have the DVD collection and every night after the kids are down, C and I order dinner and settle in on the couch for my nightly fix.  This started during the Christmas break and has continued every night since then.  I'm in the midst of Season 2.  Two nights ago we decided to have breakfast for dinner, a rare but yummy treat.  We had eggs, bacon (!), toast, fruit and a side of mac + cheese while watching 3 consecutive episodes.

Comments

Popular Posts