Entertaining at Home

Awhile ago I wrote a post called Converting the Dining Room into the Playroom over at Ohdeedoh.  At that time, I was seriously considering doing just this.  We have a gorgeous (and large) dining room that is well-placed between the living area and the kitchen.  Since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen after work to get dinner on the table, my ideal would be to have a play area where I can see the boys playing.


Our kitchen is large enough for our family to eat in so that would not be a problem.  In the end, I didn't pull the trigger on the rearranging because it would require that I store my beloved Saarinen dining table and the logistics of moving that piece yet again was something I couldn't face.  Then we planned a small holiday party the end of last year.  Instead of laying out all of the food on the kitchen counters like I normally do, I set the spread on the dining table and it worked really nicely.  We can also have friends over for brunch and comfortably seat 10 people.  And it is a great area for crafts and baking.  Here are the boys baking Christmas cookies for another party.  So in the end the idea is to keep the dining room intact as our grown-up entertaining space for now.

Comments

Popular Posts