Friday Miscellany

https://www.amazon.com/Couple-Next-Door-Shari-Lapena/dp/0735221081
It's Friday again and I'm working from home today!  What a joy it is to not deal with a commute and just get to working right away. I've already knocked out one major to-do on my list and am on my second cup of coffee.  Normally, I'd be arriving in the office just about now.

I don't have one cohesive post today, just an assortment of random things I want to tell you about.  In the book department, I just finished reading The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena.  Despite some good reviews, I didn't love it.  I reminded a lot (too much) of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins in a bad way, as in "didn't I already read this?"  BB, on the other hand, has completely fallen in love with the Warriors series by Erin Hunter.  He has finished the first set and has moved on to the second. We found out that he stayed up until almost midnight the other night reading on his Kindle!  He suffered the next day so I don't think he'll do that again.

We are counting the weeks until our next vacation.  It seems so many people are already taking their spring trips right now, I'm jealous!  As usual for me before trips, I'm looking for the perfect carry-on bag and travel bag (hoping they can be one in the same).  I require a zip top closure, lightweight nylon construction, and a good size with comfortable handle/straps.  Any recommendations?  I ordered a LeSportsasc tote and a Brics tote.  Neither are perfect for different reasons.  I'm also looking for all the different shoes I'll need and am having better luck in that department.

Also for travel, I've decided to invest in a mirrorless camera.  I've been moving away from my dSLR, which I still love.  The size and heft of the body plus lenses is prohibitive and I end up using my iPhone camera most times.  I just bought the Sony A6000 and a lens to try out before our trip.  So small and lightweight - we'll see how it goes.

I didn't make as much progress on our home projects as I hoped for but we did cull out another 2 large bags of books to give away to our local friends of the library.  Can't wait to drop those off this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts