Spring Weekend

The weather will feel like spring (finally be in tandem with the calendar) this weekend.  We have lots of activities and errands we need to take care of as we wind down towards our departure time for spring break.  You can see the beautiful cherry blossom tree in our yard struggling to reach full bloom The snow, wind, and rain its had to endure hasn't helped things but maybe it will look even more beautiful this weekend.

Some things we've been doing lately:

* Subscribed to The New Yorker.  Each issue is packed with wonderful writing.  Really in-depth articles on interesting current events.

* Watching Broadchurch Season 3.  It's still a fun watch,  I'm talking about the British version.  Don't waste your time on the short-lived version called Gracepoint.

* Watching Fortitude.  Also, a fun watch if you are into these crime dramas.

* If that's not enough, I'm listening to the Up & Vanished podcast regarding a cold case.

* And to top that all off, I've started reading one of Tana French's novels, In a Dark, Dark Wood.

Woah, it sounds like I'm in some dark and depressing place given the type of content I'm consuming these days,  In reality I'm not!  It's the actual news that has me feeling hopeless and so I think I am escaping by watching, reading, and listening to stories about horrific crimes (real life or fiction), which is engaging and enjoyable.  Also I think once turns warm once and for all, we will all be outdoors more (especially during our upcoming vacation) and that will really change things up.

I'm also itching to purge the boys' wardrobes.  Once I'm sure the cold weather is gone, I want to bag up a ton of sweaters and long-sleeve shirts, long pants, and outerwear for Goodwill.  It's not that I don't love their clothes (because I do!), but they won't be able to fit into them in the fall and I'm ready for spring shopping!

Comments

Popular Posts