Two Mountain Goats

We went for our usual hike this past weekend.  These days we aren't planning as much as we used to. BB and DD being older means we can do things on a whim so I just drove until we decided to stop and find a nice spot.  Usually we don't do much walking on the trail before the boys see a path down to the river and want to check it out no matter how steep or muddy.  They scramble over rocks like little mountain goats, and give me heart palpitations.

Sometimes I follow them.  Most times, however, I find a good vantage point and watch from afar. You can see in the second photo how far away they got.  On Instagram, I noted that this was the reason we buy them brightly-colored outerwear (these are down vests) - so that we can spot them when they run ahead of us in the wild. Bright blue and orange dots amidst the brown landscape.

Comments

Popular Posts