Three Day Weekend - On My Own

The three men in the house were off on another ski trip (looks like the last one of the season), leaving me alone.  The weather reached into the 70s with plenty of sun.  I took full advantage of the downtime to catch up on work, housework, shopping, reading, brunching, and even getting a manicure!

Meanwhile my boys were advancing their skiing skills, eating at various steakhouses, swimming, and watching Lego Batman.  At this point, C probably has surpassed me as the "fun parent."

I don't know if it was the weather or me jonesing for Hawaii but I had a strong and persistent hankering for acai bowls.  Sadly, there is really no good place to get one so I ended making one at home with the ingredients I had on hand.  It was so delicious and hit the spot.  Next time I will add honey and coconut!

The great thing about a long weekend is that the work week is shortened!  As of right now, I have 4 big meetings to get through before Friday comes again.

Comments

Popular Posts