Asian Food Court

C and I went on a date night in the middle of the week (pre-Valentine's Day celebration!). Temperature soared into the 70s last week so we took advantage of the balmy evening to enjoy ourselves before the snow (never happened) was reported to blow in the following morning.

I had heard about a new Asian food court that opened in Annandale called The Block.  My love for Asian food courts runs deep!  The best, of course, are in Taipei but we've visited some very enjoyable food purveyors in Toronto and Auckland as well. If I hear about an Asian food court, I have to check it out.  The food was good, though not great.  I got a poke bowl (tasteless) and miso soup while C got porkbelly on rice and we shared some Taiwanese chicken nuggets.  The porkbelly was overcooked but the nuggets were fantastic.  Snocream is one of the tenants, probably the major draw to The Block, and lived up to the hype for dessert.  

Being at The Block reminded me of fun times in Taipei.  Our family will be making another pilgrimage soon and I'm slowly starting to compile a list of activities and places we want to visit this go around.  Exposing BB and DD to their Chinese heritage is top of mind for us now.

Comments

Popular Posts