Yes, Another Long Weekend

I'm sounding like a broken record, I'm sure.  But the kids will be enjoying another long weekend.  I'm actually really happy about it because for the first time, a professional day for the teachers falls on Chinese New Year's Eve.  After a lifetime of being off for everyone else's holiday, this year it's a bit of a celebration for us as well.

If the weather conditions are right, it'll be another mini ski getaway for the boys and then a big family dinner to celebrate CNY and welcome the Year of the Rooster.  I'm planning on packing in a few other outings and activities if they come home early enough.  

Winter has been flying by; each day is longer than the previous.  With relatively mild temperatures and lots of plans, the winter doldrums have not set in at all.  We've been as active as ever. 

I'll be starting the Year of the Rooster with less work pressure than has been the case in the last two years.  The change in administration has changed many things, and the only silver lining is that I will be less stressed and overworked than I have been.  More time for myself and for my family?  I'll take it.  

Comments

Popular Posts