Sycamore Island and Early Sunsets

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving!  My favorite holiday is upon us and I haven't really done much planning beyond thinking about what I'm going to make.  I'll have to buckle down today to buy whatever last minute ingredients I need to pull off a feast.

We're still riding high after our Disney trip.  One thing that was hard to get used to besides coming back to cold weather, was coming back to Daylight Savings.  It happened the weekend we were in Florida but the days were warm and long in Orlando.  Coming back the first weekend, we hiked out to Sycamore Island and realized how short the days were suddenly here in DC.  

School is only a half day affair today so we'll be cleaning the house in preparation for our Thanksgiving guests.  I was fretting the lack of a centerpiece or decor but then DD came home with the most adorable stuffed turkey he had made in school.  He will be front and center tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts