Dwell for Target (Modern by Dwell)

Did you hear?  Dwell goes meta this month and does a write up of it's own furniture and accessories line for Target.  As you know, I'm a huge (not yuge) fan of many of Target's collaborations (stand outs for me were Orla Kiely, Philippe Starck, and Marimekko).  I have high hopes for this line coming out in December.

When it comes to the democratization of design, I am an avid consumer.  There are certain pieces that we've splurged on but then when it comes to other items, I oftentimes end up buying the lower end version from West Elm or IKEA.  I think part of it has a lot to do with the fact our kids are still young (as are their friends) and I don't want to spend my remaining psychic energy on worrying about furniture scratches and damage. Of course what is affordable for some is not affordable to all, so it's all relative.  It sounds like the Modern by Dwell line is really priced well, so as long as it meets a realistic quality threshold plus the scale is right, it will do well.

Currently, we're in search of more key pieces in our home before things will be "complete."  I write that with quotation marks because I don't think I've ever lived in a space where I got to a point when I felt completely done.  Things got close when we were living in our loft, but I still wasn't done and then we moved.  For the living room, I would like to find a small table, maybe bistro-sized, and a couple of chairs as a nice place separate from the main seating area to have a coffee and listen to music.  We found a nice table and chairs so my backup plan is in place.  I'm also searching for the perfect rug for the living room.  I could go one of two ways in there and so I've picked out the rug for the safer route but am still on the hunt for something more wild.  The living room needs a coffee table as well and more lighting.  The coffee table conundrum is that there simply are too many choices.  

For the dining area, I'm looking for new chairs.  We'll need 8 so this is a big purchase as well.  I've narrowed the choices down to a few but there are many choices in dining chairs so I'm still on the hunt.  Finally, we are ready to replace our temporary desk we purchased when we had just moved with something more permanent (and larger).  I have come up empty on this front; no real candidates to speak of.  In the meantime, I constantly find more and more sofas and accent chairs and side tables that I covet but do not need.  Why is that?

Comments

Popular Posts