First Day of August

We didn't do much of anything this weekend. There were huge storms all through the weekend starting on Friday and out power went out for a few hours!  The boys turned down play dates in favor of laying around the house. We did venture out for food and a Costco run. BB was a little under the weather, another reason to take things slow. 

Speaking of Costco I have been binge watching a Netflix show called Terrace House, and finished it this weekend. The premise is similar to the Real World and other U.S. shoes that followed suit, but set in Tokyo.  If you watch it to the end you will understand the Costco reference. 

The experiences I've been looking forward to this summer haven't yet happened for the most part.  I keep looking at the calendar wondering where did June and July go?  Besides our start of summer vacation, we haven't had many major outings.  We are planning our end of summer trip but my schedule is very bad with my current position and I'm worried that I won't have the chance to do some of the things I wanted to do with the boys before school starts. That would be a shame and it has been on my mind a lot lately.  I am determined, however, to insist on more family time.  Besides our vacation, I'm making plans to take them out of camp for a day here and there and go on an adventure of some kind.

Comments

Popular Posts