Quiet

The scene at our house Sunday evening was one that will be hard to forget.  20 second graders screeching, jumping, and punching all over the place.  They were screaming for pizza, juice and cake. There was juice spilled, chocolate cake morsels strewn about, pieces of pizza cheese-side down on the floor.  It was quite the scene and it was a blessed sight to see each of their parents come to pick them up!  Really though, DD had a ball and it was wonderful to see.

After another round of sweeping and mopping and wiping, the house is free of sticky spots and stains. I decided to work from home on Monday (a rare treat) and snapped this photo of the quiet stillness. It's nice to have quiet from time to time.  I only had to talk when there were scheduled calls or important matters that cropped up throughout the day.  No idle chit chat.  Every thing else was done by email.  On these rare days, I'm super productive.  The pantry was organized and two loads of laundry were done between work.  I had 2 1/2 cups of coffee - hot.  I usually so look forward to my coffee at the office but it's always interrupted by calls and visitors so by the time I turn back to it, it's lukewarm.

I also had the chance to admire my new plates from the Viktigt collection at IKEA. I love how they nest and there's a size for everything.  Right now I'm fighting back the urge to buy the same set in black.

Comments

Popular Posts