A Few Stories About the Boys

Story 1:  The other night I came home to two silly boys, one of which (DD) confided in me that after school they had found two small boxes of candy in their Valentine's Day chairbackers.  They then took a pair of their craft scissors and hid behind the armchairs, out of sight from our nanny, and sliced open the boxes.  BB and DD shared the gummy candies and DD ate a few of the chocolates.  DD said they first thought it was Santa who had left them a surprise but later realized it was the wrong time of year and concluded that it had to be me.  Someone at school told them about cupid so they both shot me with arrows for the rest of the evening.  DD made me promise that I would buy more treats for Valentine's Day but hide them in a better place.

Story 2:  Remember my post about things to buy as a parent?  One of them included Bare Books.  Here is a great example of why I love these little blank books.  BB will often write a book in the afternoons after school and surprise me with it when I come home.  The latest title The White Wallris with the Gray Hat is almost complete.  And when it is, we will read it at bedtime.

Comments

Popular Posts