The Same But Different


 


The boys and I had a great day together while C was out of town.  We went over to visit GG late in the morning. After lunch I put the boys down for their naps and ran out to IKEA and other errands.   More on my finds next time.  But when I got back to GG's house, this was the scene awaiting me.  I can't even explain the game the three of them were playing.  The point is they were having a great time with their grandpa. 
I was finally able to drag them away and as a small reward took them on a short driving tour of the various Halloween decorations in the neighborhood before hitting the parkway home. After putting together a quick dinner, we broke out some new and old toys and this was the result - BB in his new chef's apron laying out a beautiful picnic spread with real china and cloth napkins!  DD and I drank "coffee" from our colored goblets and toasted each other after every sip.  Cheers!

It was a lovely weekend and I'm only sad that it's nearly over.  Weekends like this fortify me for the hectic week ahead.  I'm talking 2 parties, one of which I'm co-hosting, a Halloween event, our school's book fair, and a play, not to mention our usual activities. I'm just hoping to get through the week.

Comments

Popular Posts