One More Party

I'm hoping that we can squeeze in one more party before summer is over (to me, that means the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend).  If you read my posts on Ohdeedoh lately and here, you'll see that I'm holding onto summer hard.  It always has represented a special time when the rules don't apply and the possibilities are endless.  So much can be done in a day when the sun doesn't set until 8:30.  Walking around our neighborhood in the evenings proves that everyone else agrees.  Couples sitting at outdoor cafes, friends catching cabs, people emerging from the metro station on their way to a bar.  All of this on a Monday night at 10:45.  I love it.

Fall, on the hand, represents getting down to business.  The weather changes and wearing casual flip flops and shorts no longer seems appropriate.  School starts and fiscal years begin anew.  Tight schedules in the morning, the crush of the morning commute, new responsibilities at the boys' preschool, and the fading warmth have me feeling anxious.  To top it off, Grandma will be out of the country for 3 months until December and Grandpa will be with her for about 3 weeks.  That means no special trips to their house until almost Christmas time.

So that brings me back to having one more party to close out this fabulous summer of 2010.  I don't if we'll be able to organize it in time but while we're away on vacation the thought will be in the back of my mind.

Image: TinyPrints

Comments

Popular Posts