No Nanny + Grandparents Step-In

We had another amazing weekend.  How about you?  It was the kind of weekend that was all "in the moment" which means, for the most part, I couldn't be bothered to bring out the camera.  The nanny kicked everything off by announcing a vacation for a week and a half which left C and I scrambling.  Basically it will be a combo of my mom and C's mom doing the heavy lifting.

The Boys and I were left on our own for a day when C was out of town.  We went to the splash playground outside of the library, then after nap and lunch, went to a favorite playground (back again into the suburbs).  Do you see their lovely pink and purple polo shirts?  New acquisitions that I love very much.

We also went to play with friends and have a casual dinner the next day.  Of course there was swimming the morning as well.  The best party of the day was when BB came downstairs promptly after going up for nap and telling me that he had already slept too much.  We put on our shoes, grabbed a shopping bag and headed out into the streets in search of a dessert to bring to dinner that night.  On the way, we stopped into a bookstore and read a book, ate some sourdough bread at one bakery, bought sugar cookies and brownies at another, and then stopped for a big smoothie.  It was so wonderful to spend an hour with BB, just me and him, running errands and chatting.  He's awesome.

Sunday while C and the Boys went to pickup YY at Union Station, I tried to run a quick errand - bank _ farmer's market.  No pictures because I was under unexpected time pressure but I did manage to buy some sweet plums and beautiful yellow cherry tomatoes for the kids and 3 steamed blue crabs for myself.  Delicious.  There was more pool action Sunday at my parents' pool.  I also scored some great vintage children's books (stay tuned for a dedicated post).

Comments

Popular Posts