Happy Long Weekend

We've got lots to celebrate this long weekend.  My aunts -- all three of them -- are here from Taiwan just in time for Chinese New Year.  I had big plans for the boys to make Valentines for everyone, make and eat dumplings, tuck their Hong Baos (lucky red envelopes) under their pillows, wear new pajamas, and clean the house.  BUT because of the snow, the housekeepers couldn't come this Friday and my aunts were delayed in LA.  So instead of well-planned get togethers, we haphazardly drove the boys here and there to see the "Three New Grandmas" all weekend long.  This resulted in shortened and missed naps, delayed bedtimes and unhappy campers at the end of the night.  Instead of squeaky clean children in new pajamas, the new pajamas are still fresh in the laundry basket and the boys are dirty; one of the FEW nights they've not had their baths.

I know this is not something to fret about, but somehow it irritates me just a bit.  I don't like it when they don't have their nightly baths and I don't like it when my plans don't turn out.  This is something I'm trying to work on this year - focus on the important stuff, that we got to spend lots of quality time with the family for Chinese New Year Eve and Chinese New Year, AND C and I even had a nice Valentines Day lunch together.

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend.  Tomorrow is my final "day off" before my new job!

Comments

Popular Posts