Slowing it Down

I'm working from home today and heading into a long weekend!  The boys, on the other hand, have a half day of school today and no day off on Monday.  Our mixed schedules don't allow for a real weekend getaway so I've planned a few fun outings and they planned a playdate.  But nothing too far or strenuous.  We all could use a break.

As the nights get chillier, our new bathroom has been a fun thing for BB and DD to look forward to.  They are enjoying bath time like they did when they were babies and toddlers - a little pour of bubble bath, some toys, and some origami boats that I make for them.  It's surprising and gratifying for me to see them still wanting to spend this time together.  They soak and talk and wind down their day. 

At first I was reluctant to install a tub in the hall bathroom.  But DD told me that he really missed taking baths, and now I'm so glad to have it.  My goal and challenge is always to create specific places and settings in different parts of your home to suit your needs.

Comments

Popular Posts