Weekend Oasis

I'm still trying to get used to the fact that the calendar says November.  Most of the leaves are on the ground.  I needed the weekend to recover from this past week and spend some time with my little family.  Sometimes things just suck and you deal with it as best you can, but by Friday it all had caught up to me.  We went out in the rain for smoothies and lattes and book shopping; that always sets things right.  It rained all the next day as well but that didn't matter.  There was plenty to do indoors.  My brother and sister-in-law came down from NYC, a treat for the boys.

After a day with their favorite uncle and aunt, the four of us spent the last of the weekend watching Peanuts in 3D before finally heading home.  There are times, and this is one of them, that I feel as though I'm swimming incredibly hard against an even stronger tide on the weekdays.   The weekends are like mini islands that I can hold on to and take a temporary rest if I can make it.

Comments

Popular Posts