Taipei, Day 4 - Modern Art + Maji Maji

I went to Taipei without a real itinerary.  I went with ideas of things I wanted to do, to take the boys to see, but day-to-day, we kept things loose.  The boys' schedules dictated as did the weather.  And let me just say that both were awesome - BB and DD were little champion travelers and the weather held out for us every day we were there.  Day 4 was hot and sunny so we decided to spend some time indoors.  We made our way to the Taipei Fine Arts Museum and I'm so glad we did.  The building is modern, open, and airy.  The art exhibits were interesting to each of us, and it was all very child-friendly.  My only disappointments were the small gift shops and late-opening cafe, but I still came away with a few treasures.

The boys were hungry and we couldn't wait for the cafe to open for lunch, so we retraced our steps and found our way to Maji Maji Square, a great find.  Maji Maji is a covered market full of interesting food stalls.  It's anchored by some larger restaurants and another Good Cho's outlet.  The boys wanted curry chicken, which they ended up loving.  I ordered a vegetarian meal at Maji Canteen, located in Maji Deli, which is an upscale food emporium full of fun and interesting items, a coffee bar, and the Canteen.  I loved it and could have spent the rest of the day shopping.

A few hours later and the boys were losing their steam.  We made our way back to our apartment, first stopping in at Sogo in Tianmu again for ice cream.  At dinnertime, we ventured back out again for dinner in our own neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts