Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

After getting the trees home, set up in their stands, trimmed and watered, C still had to string the lights on.  I love that time when the tree is so alpine-y fresh and twinkling with white lights.  Don't get me wrong; the ornaments we've collected and made over the years are precious and I love to see the tree decked out too.  In Christmases past, BB and DD would hang all of our ornaments on the lowest 1/4 of the tree, weighing the bottom branches down to the point of touching the ground, with the majority of the tree left empty.  This year, without my prodding, they decorated the tree all around, up and down (as much as BB could reach while balancing delicately off the new couch). And it looks great! They did a beautiful job.

I have a few more of the delicate ornaments to hang.  And I want to make a paper chain, but otherwise, the tree is ready for presents!

Comments

Popular Posts