Canal Park at the Capitol Riverfront

We were on our own for most of the weekend.  C has been busy fixing up little things around the house to get it ready for the market.  Anyone want to buy a gorgeous rowhouse in Dupont Circle?  Let me know!  After karate in the morning and lunch at the museum, I took the boys to Canal Park, the District's newest urban park in the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood.  Have you been?  In the winter, it's an ice skating rink; in the summer, a spray park and open space for concerts and general relaxation.  There's even a nice restaurant which sounds like it has a great brunch.  The boys spent close to an hour running through the fountains before changing back to street clothes.  It was great fun despite the fact that I almost ruined our plans by forgetting my wallet.  Luckily, I scrounged up enough change for metered parking.

Comments

Popular Posts