Santa and Rudolph

Unlike me as a kid, neither BB nor DD have much interest in structured arts and crafts projects.  This is probably the case more so for BB then for DD, but neither loves an art project.  The crush of art that the boys pump out daily (hourly) is on blank pieces of paper or books.  Using colored pencils, markers, and oil pastels, they create pictures and stories. 

So instead of elaborate craft kits, I try to buy things that are simple, more open-ended.  Yesterday afternoon I needed to find a structured project that would buy me a few moments to do a conference call.  I had cut my finger badly earlier in the day when dicing onions so anything too messy or elaborate was out of the question.  Looking through my supplies, I found these wooden Christmas masks I had picked up from the craft store.  I set out their paints and let them do as they wished.  Moments later, these two came upstairs.

Comments

Popular Posts