A Tightly Scheduled Holiday Weekend

The weekends where we have events scheduled (in addition to our usual activities) I refer to as our "scheduled weekends."  This past weekend was one of those and we've got another one coming up as well.  I usually head into scheduled weekends with little enthusiasm preferring our free range weekends much more.  But the cold, fog and drizzle meant we wouldn't have been able to do much outdoors anyway so I was grateful for the all of the indoor activities.

There was a birthday party, a holiday party and a show too.  Way ahead of time I bought tickets to an abbreviated rendition of The Nutcracker dubbed The Mini Nut performed by the Maryland Youth Ballet.  It was very well done and at just under an hour, perfect for BB and DD.  I'm hoping this becomes a part of our family holiday tradition.

Comments

Popular Posts