Foam Swords



Do you know what I'm talking about?  When BB was 2 he became fascinated with guns and swords.  I don't know how this happened as we've never taught him about weapons.  I suspect it came from watching older boys at the playground.  My mother-in-law suggested buying some foam swords so that he would stop hitting people with sticks.
It was a good idea.  A quick walk with the Boys to Rite-Aid that afternoon yielded these beauties.  At 25 inches they are almost longer than DD is tall but once he was sitting upright, he managed to wield the thing around like a wild man.  While shopping at Target I found some foam swords that are about 18 inches long plus some foam axes that look pretty fun.  It seems I've embraced this whole weaponry thing.  Anyway, they were $1 each (!) and I bought two of each, wrapped them and there they sit in the Christmas stockings.  I've got all sorts of other presents coming for the boys, but I just know that these $1 each toys are going to be the hit on Christmas morning.

I'll be posting more about toy organization and categorization soon so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts