Sometimes C Uses Too Much Shampoo or Last of the Mohicans

Bath time is a cherished time in our home. We keep the bathroom very toasty while C sprays BB and DD down with the shower spray. Then the tub gets filled with hot water and everyone takes a nice long soak while singing songs and and pouring water over the side of the tub into the shower area.

When we gutted the second floor of our house, I was pregnant, but I was ignorant to what I would need and want for a bathroom convenient for bathing infants, toddlers and big boys.  We chose finishes and hardware and laid out the room the way we wanted without thinking about the baby growing in my belly.  I had a very grown-up, modern spa in mind when designing it.  It was really dumb luck that so many of the features in our master bath worked out so well for a family.  For starters, the room is huge.  The absolute best feature that we designed was the long countertop with double sinks.  The counter is about 6 feet long and there is a nice expanse of space between the double sinks - perfect for placing a baby tub on.  So I never had the backbreaking job of bathing a newborn infant while on my knees.  We just got a little sprayer attached to one of the sinks and both babies were at counter height.  When each graduated to the big tub, I was thankful that I didn't choose a really large tub.  I don't like them to be out of hands reach and a large tub would mean lots of walking around.  Also, our shower area is just that - an open area with no doors or curtains.  It's basically a wet room within the bathroom adjacent to the tub.  The kids pour water out of the tub, throw bubbles, etc. but it's all okay.  We also installed a hand sprayer on the tub which is invaluable for hair rinsing (and water fights).

Comments

Popular Posts