Daylight Saving Time

I'm not a morning person (even though I sometimes want to be one) so Daylight Saving Time is killer.  On top of the time change, it marks a time of transition in the calendar, and that causes some stress on its own.  To get through it, I'm focusing on the positive - more light in the evenings to wake me from my winter slumber and make cooking dinner and evening activities more enjoyable and somehow, feel less rushed.

The other thing I'm doing in this "in between time" is looking for beauty in the everyday.   The time change brought a change in the light through the windows.  In the morning, I came down to this beautiful scene in our den, where we all gather before heading off to school and work.  Our camellia tree outside was throwing its graceful shadow on the window and the wall.  Everything took on a warm golden hue.  This living artwork kept transitioning from minute to minute.  Truly something to take notice of.

Comments

Popular Posts