Birthday Celebrations

On my actual birthday, we had no power so we postponed our dinner plans until everything was back to normal.  By Wednesday night, we were back in the house, power was restored, and things were approaching equilibrium.  My parents watched the kids while went out for birthday noodles (ramen) at Haikan.  We had tickets to see OMD at 9:30 Club, a concert we've been looking forward to for a few months.  If you're a fan and you missed them in D.C., I'm sorry because they were fantastic.  High energy and a great mix of new songs and oldies.  

The birthday celebration continued on Friday with a decadent lunch at Momofuku CCDC.  My last visit there wasn't a great one.  But the menu has since changed.  The food was quite good.  I was inspired to try it again after binging David Chang's Ugly Delicious on Netflix.  If you want a smart preview, check out this artcle from Plan A Magazine.  Oh, and I finally got that layered birthday cake from Milk Bar.  I have to say that Milk Bar is just not up my alley.  Everything is over-sugared and it's more a feast for the eyes than the tastebuds.

Comments

Popular Posts