My Long Weekend in NYC

I spent the MLK weekend in NYC visiting my bro and seeing the David Hockney exhibit at the Met.  If you like Hockney at all, you should go see him before the exhibit closes in February.  My favorite time period for Hockney are still his Palm Spring days - the paintings are so enjoyable to view, always with a touch of humor, and large-scaled.

Besides art, we ate tons of great food - homemade Italian, Japanese breakfast, hot pots, pastries, afternoon tea, and pizza!  And I hit up my favorite stores like Muji.  It's been years since I last went away on my own - both previous trips were to NYC also - once to see my bro and once to meet up with a dear friend from who was visiting from abroad.  It was a seriously frigid weekend but I loved seeing throngs of New Yorkers out morning, noon and night braving the weather to live their lives.

While I was away, C took the boys skiing again and met up with some friends.  It sounded like they had lots of fun although it was even colder for them.  By the end of the trip, DD was sick.  He missed a day of school but then...a snow day!  So the three of us are home.  I'm staring down a day of working from home, dealing with a sick child, and an active child.

Comments

Popular Posts