Happy December

Here we go.  Hurtling into the holiday season and the end of 2017.  Christmas was already in full force at DisneyWorld during our visit.  Everything was decked out for the holidays and the castle was dripping with icy lights.
It's been a busy first week in December for us.  We hosted another NERF war with BB and DD's friends over the weekend.  We have concerts, field trips, meetings, and work events stacked every day this week.  I just want to make it through, pick out our tree, and decorate this weekend.  Plus holiday cards need to be selected, ordered, and mailed.  Sounds like I'm complaining, but honestly I love this time of year.

With so much on the calendar, I'm trying to get more sleep with an earlier bedtime.  My book reading streak from the summer has dwindled to nothing but I'd like to get that back.  I had a super early work meeting the other day that required a pre-dawn drive to the office.  I was tired but watching the sunrise while I drove was a beautiful experience (and traffic non-existent).  It made me think about adjusting my hours and getting some early morning time all to myself.

Like I said, we've been busy with life and events and it's more of the same this weekend.  Whenever we get weighed down with our individual responsibilities, we've been reminiscing about how much fun we had at Disney and describing our favorite day, ride, moment, food, activity.  BB and DD told me it feels like it was so long ago when really it's just been a few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts