Christmas Morning 2017

Did everyone have a lovely Christmas?  It was a lovely Christmas (Eve) morning over here.  As I mentioned in my last post, we decided to move everything up a day.  The reason?  C took the boys on a great holiday adventure - skiing in Colorado!  Their first time skiing out west.  I've stayed behind to work.  It's the first time I've been away from my little lovies for more than 2 days.  Ugh..I miss them so.  Thankful for Facetime.

The two vacations back to back (Disney and Colorado) is part of our conscious move in the direction of more experiences, less things.  BB and DD got plenty of gifts - very specific things they asked for, which wasn't a ton. I kept my purchasing of other things to a minimum - new robes, some great books, and one extra gift each.  Look at their faces, there was no disappoint at all (well, except for DD in that photo above when he opened up his third book).

As for C and I, in addition to the vacations, we treated ourselves to a Go Pro and tickets to Les Miserables (which was fabulous.  Go see this touring group if you can).

Leading up to the present-opening frenzy, we had two wonderful dinners back-to-back.  We feasted on beef tenderloin, sushi, and turkey.  I made challah bread both nights.  I always wish there was more time leading up to Christmas.  More days to go see lights, decorate and bake.  We can still do some of those things when they get back but it will be for the winter celebration.  Just like that, another Christmas season behind us, my favorite time of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts