Pancakes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snack

DD has been reading a book that involved a meal of pancakes (called hot cakes in the book).  He was so enamored with the picture and the words that he insisted on pancakes for breakfast one morning. It took me a couple of tries to figure out the perfect recipe and I think I've got it.  I also realized that I can make a whole batch, refrigerate them in an airtight container and give him pancakes any time he asks for them - which is breakfast, lunch, dinner - basically any time.  

Last night before the boys went to swim practice, I made a huge batch to eat and to save.  We had one of those ongoing dinners of food after food, something I've been doing more of lately.  I'll serve something like a baked potato first, then give them protein (last night it was steak) and then quickly cook up some veggies while DD knoshes on a pancake.  Sometimes I work in a soup as well.  It works out nicely because everything is hot when they eat it.

Comments

Popular Posts