The Lakehouse, Part 4

We went back to Acadia to hit the highest points in the park.  The boys climbed rocks and cliffs hanging over the edge of oceans.  I sort of knew what to prepare for given our experience two years ago in Nova Scotia.  They are truly fearless when it comes to rock climbing, and I'm always filled with pride and dread.  While they climb, I climb other rocks and cliffs to get the best view of them so I can see (and worry) and take photos. Our visits to the famed Thunder Hole, Otter Point, and summit of Cadillac Mountain did not disappoint.  C and I were wiped after a day of climbing, ankles and knees sore.  The boys?  They were as energetic as ever, demanding another trip to Bar Harbor (a nightly event) for ice cream.

While the boys slept that night, C and I talked about the day that we would take a family vacation and the boys would outpace us in their physical abilities.  That day probably closer than we realize.

Comments

Popular Posts