Secret Beach

If I've ever been to the Maritime Provinces of Canada, I don't remember.  As a child, we vacationed many times in Canada but I don't know if we ever ventured so far east.  So deciding exactly what town to stay in was centered mainly around what kind of house we could get, and as I mentioned I was really interested in staying in a Mackay-Lyons house.  Right before we left, as luck would have it we found out that C's Canadian friend summered on the Southern Shores of Nova Scotia for years.  He emailed us a list of great restaurants in town and then told us about his "secret beach."  I made a mental note of it.  As luck would further have it, our beach house (the Sliding House you see in the last photo on the hill) has a path that leads directly to this secret beach.  We visited everyday and the boys had a ball.  The views were unlike any beach I've been to - the cold Atlantic Ocean was separated from the warm Hartling Bay by a narrow sandy and rocky beach.  All of which was surrounded by hills, farmland, and coniferous forest.

If I had the strength, I would have packed tons of the magnificent stones and pebbles to take home with me. Each one was smooth, cool, and a lovely shade of grey.

Comments

Popular Posts