Dyeing Easter Eggs 2018

I am so happy to write this post.  For some reason, celebrating Easter with little treats and dyeing eggs still holds so much magic for BB and DD.  We had never missed a year of dyeing eggs until 2015.  That year we were in Taipei for Spring Break and missed out.  I promised to make it up to then in 2016, which I truly had planned to do.  But on Easter we flew from Oahu to the Big Island and we stopped at the Target near the airport only to realize that it was closed for the holiday.  In 2017, we were back in Taiwan.  2018 was the year to make up for the past three years of dye failure.  I bought multiple packs of dye kits, 60+ eggs, and ingredients to make our own food-based dyes for the first time.

The night before I carefully boiled all the eggs in ready for the next day.  We mixed the dyes, boiled the fruit, teas, and vegetables to make our own dyes, and then I let the boys go wild.  The results were fantastic!  The eggs are still on display on the dining table.  

Who knows how much longer BB and DD will want to celebrate in this way.  For right now, I am so thankful that they still enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts