Last (Maybe) Ski Trip of the Season

The long weekend started with food and ended with food.  C and the boys went on another fabulous ski vacation for 4 days, leaving me all alone to eat and sleep! While they hit the slopes, I started my long weekend celebrating a friend's birthday with tasty sushi at Sushiko.  Later that day it snowed in D.C. leaving me with this beautiful view in the afternoon.
My brother decided to come to town so went to celebrate Chinese New Year together with some delicious Korean BBQ and then I took him to SnoCream, which he agreed was delicious. If you're local and haven't tried this Taiwanese delight, get yourself to Annandale straight away.

The next day we drove out to the suburbs of Virginia to visit the first Paris Baguette to open in our area.  This location is small and very crowded.  Verdict- the pastries are good but not great. I did enjoy the English Breakfast tea latte. If I happened to be in the area, I would go again, but I wouldn't make a special trip visit PB.  Now it if it was Harbs...

I'm a spoiled woman, I know.  This was the 4th ski trip C has done solo with the boys, leaving me at home to work and relax.  It's definitely a luxury that I really appreciate.  As many moms can appreciate, these rare days alone mean that the constant chore of packing lunches and cooking meals is suspended for the time being.  The day of their return is always filled with a large grocery store run and cooking.  I think of it as a detox meal after days and days of restaurant eating.

Comments

Popular Posts