Sunshine + Sunflowers

We finally caught a fantastic weather break after a huge rainstorm hit DC on Friday and Saturday. The clouds broke by Sunday leaving the area dry with temperatures in the 70s.  C had to travel for work so the three of us went to check out the huge sunflower fields at the McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.  It has been on my list for a few years since I learned of it, but we never made it out until now. 

The good weather drew out the crowds - cars were lined up and parked on both sides of the road but somehow we found the prime parking spot in the small lot that led to the field.  I failed to bring a real camera so I only snapped a few photos using my phone.  We walked the entire field admiring the flowers, looking for bumblebees and other things.  It was just nice to be in the sunshine with my boys.

Later we went to the pool for a swim and then had ice cream after dinner.  It was another proper summer day!

Comments

Popular Posts