Summer is Here

The other day I heard some giggling outside my office window, and turned around to see my two boys through the window sitting in their new patio chairs eating a snack.  I laughed out loud at the sight of them.

Later, we headed out to enjoy the gorgeous weather.  While the boys have been on boats numerous times, it's been mostly without me so perhaps I was more excited than they were to unveil my plans of taking them rowing at Lake Needwood.  So even though they'd "been there, done that", it was a great way spend the afternoon - a nice drive, a nice walk, and some time on the water.
I long to spend more time at the beach.  It's just such a long haul to the ocean from here and requires lots of planning.  I loved our time in Nova Scotia and being able to drive to so many different beaches everyday. Sometimes we'd just drive right onto the beach, bring out our chairs and sink our toes in the water.  Living near the water one day will be a must for me.

Summer is here and I'm embracing all the changes it will bring - the end of the school year and summer camp, a new position for me, vacations, and endless days on the porch eating watermelon and popsicles.

Comments

Popular Posts