DD Turns 6

Today is DD's birthday.  I say something like this every year but I really can't believe my baby is 6 years old already.  When I look at him, he's still prattling around in diapers, pointing and grunting at things.  The reality is, he's a kindergartener who reads and writes and is helpful to his teacher.

We're having a little celebration at school with cupcakes later today and then a small party at home later tonight.  The problem is that DD is still a little under the weather (since last Thursday) and BB now has it too.  So food and treats aren't high on their lists right now.  It's been lots of sleepless nights for all of us dealing with this stomach bug.  The day to day can be hard when you're a parent.  But then I read this thing the other day - you have 18 summer vacations with your child.  That's it.  I'll spend them wisely.

Comments

Popular Posts