Drawings

I love to see BB and DD's development.  As their mom I feel even though I see them everyday, they make these leaps in development and progress that I will notice suddenly.  One morning when dressing BB we noticed that a pair of jeans he'd been wearing are now highwaters and need to go in the donation bin.  Yet he had worn them to school the week before.

Another measure is their fine motor skills and their dexterity with writing/drawing/scribbling.  BB used to draw little scribbles and tell me they were people.  Now he draws things and doesn't need to explain them to me - they are self-evident because his skills have improved so much.  The other week DD grabbed a marker and stood at the easel drawing spiral circle after spiral circle.  He does it very deliberately and always in the same direction, one next to the other.  And you'll notice he is a lefty.  DD's scribbles happened on their white board so I took a photo knowing his drawing would be erased soon enough.  He tells us in Mandarin that he wants to "hua hua" - which means paint or draw.

Comments

Popular Posts