Summer Check-In

It's the first day of August.  August.  Can you believe it?  I am in love with this summer.  It seems my love for summer has grown in intensity with each passing year of being a mother.  This summer, BB and DD are just thriving.  Swim team is over and BB really made his mark at Divisionals (and the Maniac showed up as well, tp'ing the house!).  We are now just going to the pool to fool around and cool down.  Summer camps have been a great hit with both BB and DD and they both look forward to going every day.  

We've been doing a lot of playdates and food shopping (endless food shopping) and ice cream runs at the end of the night.  Bedtimes have been pushed later and later.  The boys are making slow but steady progress on their reading lists while I've had the chance to read several books myself.  It always feels as though there is more time in the summer and it's this slow down that I miss the other 9 months of the year.  

There's still a lot on my list I want to do with only a month left to do them.

Comments

Popular Posts