BB's Birthday Party in the Trees

For BB's 10th birthday party, we invited a dozen of his best buddies for an afternoon climbing the trees at Adventure Park.  I've been wanting to take him, the no fear tree climber, for a long time.  Let me just say that I was really impressed with Adventure Park.  The size and breadth of the climbing courses was much more than I could have imagined.  It's downright gorgeous. 

Now before I say more about the good stuff, let me tell you that it poured rain a few minutes after we collected all of his friends from school in our two cars.  This was on its way to being a disaster.  But a few minutes spent under the gazebo setting up our birthday table, the pizza showed up, the rain stopped and the sun came out.  Not only that, the weather was glorious - cool, bright and not one mosquito in sight.  The boys all got fitted in their harnesses (including C!) and climbing and ziplining they went.  It was amazing to watch my two sons and their friends way above me having the time of their lives. 

Hours later we had to move on to pizza and cake and packing up for the long drive home.  BB was euphoric amidst his buddies and little brother in the car.  He sang and laughed and screamed all the way home.  I was so happy I cried.

Happy Birthday, BB!

Comments

Popular Posts